"Cozy"est Bed Ever!
Okay so I know I talked about it in my November newsletter, and I also posted it on my IG but I honestly feel this topic is also Blog worthy. Why? Because GOOD sheets are impossible to find!
I have been in need of a new bed makeover top to bottom. I had the same soft familiar sheets and duvet forever but I found myself constantly shifting from being too hot or too cold and always grabbing or throwing blankets and sheets on and off of me to get comfortable. And then in addition the sheets were starting to get torn and finally got to the point where my child almost got her head caught around one of the holes. Need I say more?
So the search went on for the "softest" sheets and duvet cover. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. Did you realize how hard this was? Most companies claim to be the softest and once I got it - it did NOT hold up. Rough, or after one wash all the softness was gone. Or, I had to wash it 100 times to get it soft (what's the point?). So maybe after 10 purchases from many different very reputable stores I was determined and stayed up late scouring the internet for the "softest sheets" thinking this goal may never be realized and then I happened upon the Cozy Earth website. After reading their site I was thinking there is a pretty good chance this could be it... and yup I was right :)
To say that I am dreaming and sleeping in a pile of marshmellow fluff of clouds and whipped cream may be an understatement - YES they are that good.
Here is what I bought from them and can no longer sleep without:
Bamboo sheet set - they HAND select each bamboo piece. What sheet company does that? They do! These sheets are part of the whipped cream package. Her is why I love them: they are hypoallergenic, inhospitable to dust mites, bed bugs, bacteria and free from harmful chemicals. Really good for people with sensitive skin or allergies.
Silk Comforter - Not sure where to even start with this other than it's the most amazing comforter I have ever had. I paired this with the Bamboo Duvet and I will never go back to anything else. Perfect weight and softness and fill. You will feel like a queen in a royal bed.
So there you have it guys - my bed update!
Here is to dreaming big and sleeping soundly...
Check out this trailer of this upcoming movie I starred in. Super cute and fun for the whole family! Starring Judd Nelson, Paul Sorvino, Lou Ferrigno and more.... XOXO, C
I wasn't sure what to expect when I went out to meet the horse trainer and let them "assess" my riding ability and find me the right horse for our upcoming scenes.
But as soon as we got there after a 2 hour ride into the country, I met "Brad". The sweetest most gentle kindest horse I'd ever met or ridden. He was very patient. And let me fumble around til I could steer him comfortably. And trot and stop on a "mark".
And it ended up being so relaxing and just a beautiful escape from the normal hustle and bustle. Can't wait to ride Brad next week and do something a little outside my norm! XO, C
Pumpkin Carving with my Babies!
Halloween and this time of year is so special to us that somehow I managed to fly home every weekend from Toronto during the month of October to spend time with my little ones. Whether I had 24 hours or a full 2 days we did everything from Disney's Not So Scary Halloween party to Rise of the Jack O Lanterns to pumpkin carving to baking chocolate mummy cupcakes and finally trick or treating! Hope all of you had a safe and Happy Halloween!! XO, C
Top 5 Reasons I love Bailee
1. Always smiling and happy, sweet and caring!! This girl CARES about people and let's you know it!! And you always feel better when she's around.
2. She's super sweet to my daughter Gemma (who is one of her MANY tween fans) & that makes me a "cool mom" for knowing her!
3. She is a role model for many children & teens, helping them feel good about who they are and not feeling they have to fit into some else's ideal. (Follow her on IG BAILEEMADISON for this and many other types of inspiration).
4. She has impeccable manners! This girl does NOT act anything like what you'd think someone who's been on movie sets and adored by millions since she was in preschool would act like!! She always says please & thank you, yes sir or no ma'am. And when someone brings actors a bottle of water or snack on set... She very politely declines and says "My mom would kill me if I had someone bring me food/water!" Thanks mom. And Bailee. So special!
5. And last but not least... She always smells like a pumpkin spice latte!
And THAT sums up Bailee Madison! Sweet, lovely and always puts a smile on your face!
Disney's Not So Scary!
We have a family tradition of going to Disneyland's Not So Scary Halloween party each year. We love it! Disney has trick or treating and turns their rides into Halloween themes! This year I was Tin Woman, Gemma was Olaf and Ronan a scary skeleton knight. Here are a few pictures from our fun time there last weekend. XO, C
Sam, Cassie and Grace - Season 2!
My daughter LOVES to be in the kitchen baking! We don't get to this too often because of my traveling but we try to squeeze it in wherever we can! I came across an amazing chocolate chip recipe from Food 52 which in my mind is quite possibly the best cookie I've ever had.... just saying!
Recipe below! XOXO, C
Makes 24-30 cookies
- 1 1/2cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4sticks (7 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granola (or other cereal)
- 1/2 cup crushed salted pretzel pieces (or other salty snack food)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped chocolate candies, or a small bar of good dark chocolate, chopped into chunks. We used butterfingers because that's what we had on hand!
- 1/2cup chopped pecans or other nuts (optional)
- (If you don't use nuts, you may want to add more cereal, snacks or chocolate to compensate.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium-low speed until just combined, about 20 seconds. Increase speed to medium and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute longer. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula. Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium-low until fully incorporated, about 30 seconds. Scrape down bowl again.
- (For this step you can use a wooden spoon or your mixer on slow speed.) Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated and smooth. Gradually add granola, pretzels, chocolate and nuts, and mix until well incorporated, ensuring that no flour pockets remain and ingredients are evenly distributed. Restrain yourself from eating the raw cookie dough. Or don't! Gemma licked the bowl clean.....
- Scoop dough into balls, each about 1 1/2 tablespoons, then roll between palms into balls. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 1/2 inches apart, 8-12 per sheet. Freeze at least 20 minutes, or refrigerate at least one hour before baking. (They will still spread a lot.)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake one sheet at a time until cookies are deep golden brown, 13 to 16 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through. Let cool completely before gently moving cookies to wire rack. They will be fragile, especially on the edges. I found if you cooked them too long they were a little too hard and crunchy so go on the slightly underdone side and it will bake more on the tray when you take them out!
- Enjoy alone or with a glass of fresh almond or other milk!!!
Introducing Cassie as Cleopatra... For the 2 hour sneak peek Halloween special of Good Witch Season 2! October 24th on Hallmark Channel!
Just finished wrapping up the 2 hour GW Halloween special premiering October 24! I had so much fun working with the cast and crew of this amazing show! Get ready for some gorgeous costumes and fun twists and turns! Here are a few behind the scenes....
Having a great time filming the second season of GW!! We went from below freezing temps to hot and humid! It's one or the other! We moved the exterior of the Bell, Book and Candle to a new street (happens sometimes - city permits & rules) but the interior is still on our sound stages...see if you can tell the difference! OK... more soon! XOXO
SAM OR RYAN? RYAN OR SAM? Hmmmm lets see what magic we can brew up in Season 2 of Good Witch! XOXO, C
Hallmark Channel’s original primetime series, Good Witch, continues to soar on Saturday nights with the 3rdepisode premiere garnering a 2.3 HH rating and 2.4 million total viewers, according to Live+3 data. The March 14th premiere also catapulted the network to rank #1 in ratings and delivery among HHs and total viewers*. After three weeks on air, Good Witch has elevated Hallmark Channel to be the highest-rated and most-watched cable network in the Saturday 8 p.m. time period and has reached nearly 8.8 million unduplicated viewers, according to Live+3 data.
“This weekend’s stand-out performance – partnered with the overwhelming response to Good Witch – makes it abundantly clear that viewers cannot get enough of Hallmark Channel’s unique brand of original scripted series,” said Michelle Vicary, executive vice president, programming & network publicity, Crown Media Family Networks. “With the season in full swing, we look forward to unveiling more of Cassie Nightingale’s journey and producing even more original content that can be enjoyed with the entire family.”
Good Witch follows the adventures of Cassie Nightingale (Catherine Bell), Middleton’s favorite enchantress, and her teenage daughter Grace (Bailee Madison), who shares her mom’s special intuition. When New York transplants, Dr. Sam Radford (James Denton) and his son move in next door to the Grey House, they are immediately spellbound by the mother-daughter duo. But it quickly becomes apparent that Sam and Cassie may not see eye to eye. With her signature charm, Cassie attempts to bring everyone together, ensuring all of Middleton is in for change, big surprises and, of course, a little bit of magic.
Catherine Bell + Nick Lachey Talk About Their Work With The Military